
IOC Member Walther Troger is the chair of the IOC’s Sport for All Committee. (ATR)The three-day congress is organized under the auspices of the International Olympic Committee (IOC), with the World Health Organization and General Association of International Sports Federations helping to promote and organize the event.
While the Congress officially began Monday, the only event on the program was the opening ceremony. The first plenary sessions tackling the meeting’s topic of “Sport for All – for Life” were on Tuesday.
To address this topic, the IOC put a call for papers from academics and the general public.
IOC President Jacques Rogge said of the program, “Such a Congress is an ideal platform for recalling the benefits of sport and exercise for a healthy lifestyle; highlighting the essential values of excellence, friendship and respect that sport can transmit; and taking concrete measures toimplementGenting Highlands resort is the venue for the Sport for All Congress. Sport for All programs and initiatives in developed and developing countries alike.”
A number of key IOC members will attend the Congress, including Sport for All Commission chair Walther Troger. Other members attending are: Syed Shahid Ali, Ung Chang, Phil Coles, Anton Geesink, Kai Holm, Tunku Imran, Julio César Maglion, Juan Antonio Samaranch Jr., Rita Subowo and Irena Szewinska. International Paralympic Committee President Philip Craven will also attend the Congress.
The Congress has not passed by the watchful eyes of the cities bidding for the 2016 Games. Every city in the hunt to host the Olympics is sending a liaison to the Congress for another chance to interact with IOC members.
The Sport for All Congress ends on Thursday.
Written by Ed Hula III.
Últimas Noticias
Utah’s Olympic venues an integral part of the equation as Salt Lake City seeks a Winter Games encore
Utah Olympic Legacy Foundation chief of sport development Luke Bodensteiner says there is a “real urgency to make this happen in 2030”. He discusses the mission of the non-profit organization, the legacy from the 2002 Winter Games and future ambitions.

IOC president tells Olympic Movement “we will again have safe and secure Olympic Games” in Beijing
Thomas Bach, in an open letter on Friday, also thanked stakeholders for their “unprecedented” efforts to make Tokyo 2020 a success despite the pandemic.

Boxing’s place in the Olympics remains in peril as IOC still unhappy with the state of AIBA’s reform efforts
The IOC says issues concerning governance, finance, and refereeing and judging must be sorted out to its satisfaction. AIBA says it’s confident that will happen and the federation will be reinstated.

IOC president details Olympic community efforts to get Afghans out of danger after Taliban return to power
Thomas Bach says the Afghanistan NOC remains under IOC recognition, noting that the current leadership was democratically elected in 2019. But he says the IOC will be monitoring what happens in the future. The story had been revealed on August 31 in an article by Miguel Hernandez in Around the Rings

North Korea suspended by IOC for failing to participate in Tokyo though its athletes could still take part in Beijing 2022
Playbooks for Beijing 2022 will ”most likely” be released in October, according to IOC President Thomas Bach.


